08 Sep HOW TO CHOOSE A LIMO SERVICE IN NEW YORK
If you’ve ever been to the Big Apple, you know how congested and busy the traffic situation is because of the many people coming and going on a day-to-day basis. There are over 8 million people who live and work within the 300 square mile radius and that is not including the hundreds of thousands of visitors and tourists who come to NYC daily for sightseeing and business
Obviously, with all of these residents and tourists coming and going, it poses a unique problem for transportation. Although New York City has an easy grid system to get around and has a lot of different options for getting to and fro, I think many people would agree that hiring a limo in NY is by far the best way to get around!
If you’re not sure where to begin and don’t want to end up in some sort of shabby ride from the 80’s, here’s some advice on how to choose the best limo company in NYC:
- Find out about their reputation. Some firms don’t actually own their own vehicles and just book the reservations. Basically, they are a middle man and simply farm out the limo services to get a commission. This is risky because you may not be getting what you were promised and you may not even get to speak directly with the limo company you are expecting to hire. Before hiring, check out their website, references and check with the local BBB to make sure they are who they say they are.
- Ask about the cars. If you don’t ask, you’ll never know what to expect. So if you’re expecting a grand party bus and then a dull silver limo with missing hubcaps shows up, you may be disappointed. Make your expectations known and choose a company who can rise to meet them.
- Check the credentials of their drivers. Since you are relying on a chauffeur for transportation, you want to make sure the drivers of the company you choose have a valid commercial driver’s license and current motor vehicle record. You can ask the limo company about hiring credentials. Make sure you choose a company that uses professional, polite and punctual chauffeurs who keep a clean driving record.
- Ask for proof of insurance. People normally assume that a limo company has proper insurance, but you’d be surprised how many don’t or how many have inadequate insurance. What if you were in an accident and they didn’t have full coverage? Or even worse if they were not up-to-date on the insurance? The NY Limo company you choose should carry full and current insurance protection for both the vehicle and all of its passengers.
- Find out what is covered. Some limo services are all inclusive, while others charge extra for mileage, fuel, vehicle cleaning, gratuities, beverages and many other hidden surprises. Get it in writing up front before you hire the limousine service to make sure you don’t get hit with a ton of fees.
We hope your choice in limousine transportation in New York City and the surrounding area is with Executive Limousine and we know you will enjoy a positive experience with us!
If you have any questions please fell free to call us at (516) 221-5466 or toll-free at (888) 245-3556. one of our reservation agents will be more than happy to assist you.