30 Apr 3 WAYS TO DRAMATICALLY IMPROVE YOUR NEXT BUSINESS TRIP
BUSINESS TRAVEL LIKE A WINNER
Oftentimes, business trips can feel like endless cycles of sleepless nights, exhausting flights, frustrating and sub-par hotels and struggling to get to meetings on time. It’s no wonder that executives consider business travel to be a burden, one that often leads to temporary burnout.
The good news is that your business travel life can be dramatically improved with just a few adjustments to your attitude and before-trip habits. To help you up your business travel game, we’ve compiled a list of five tips for enjoying business travel like a boss.
1. FIND A RELIABLE CAR SERVICE
When it’s time to plan your next business trip, don’t factor in a rental car or cab fare for your transportation. Consider instead the virtues of booking a reputable car service.
Car service offers many benefits to business travelers:
- Eliminates the need for waiting in line at rental car kiosks after your flight. Your chauffeur will help you with your luggage and pick you up promptly, at the airport location of your choosing.
- Eliminates the game of Russian roulette business travelers play with cabs. You aren’t guaranteed to find a cab when you need one, especially if it’s rush hour or you’re in a busy city like Manhattan. A car service will be available to you when and where you need it, no waiting involved.
- Eliminates the likelihood of getting lost or not finding parking. Late to a meeting because you couldn’t find a parking spot? Not with car service. Your chauffeur will be a local expert with extensive knowledge of the area, so getting lost isn’t likely. He or she will also drop you off at the doors of you chosen location, so parking isn’t a factor, either.
- Use your commutes as you wish. When you don’t have to drive, you can relax, focus on work, prepare for a presentation, answer emails, or do take a nap. Your chauffeur will handle the driving so your brain power can go elsewhere.
2. CONSIDER APPLYING FOR TSA PRE-CHECK
If you travel for business on a regular basis, you know how time-consuming it can be to get through security, especially if your flights require multiple security check points.
TSA’s Pre-check is a great way to avoid those extensive security experiences and minimize your time in the airport.
The way it works is that you have to apply and be approved before your name is added to the TSA’s list of “low-risk” flyers. Once you’ve been approved, you’ll enjoy vastly diminished time spent in security. Expedited screening will help you get to your gate sooner.
Currently, there are eleven airlines and 130 airports nationwide that participate in TSA’s Pre-Check program.
3. PACK LIKE A PRO
Over-packing can be the death knell in anyone’s airport rush; heavy bags weigh you down, too many bags could mean you have to wait in line at baggage check and pay a huge fee, and getting through the airport with too much luggage can be a headache.
Packing lighter and smarter is a good move for any business traveler. Relegating yourself to a “carry-on only” policy will eliminate the need to check bags and will vastly improve your mobility in crowded airports. You also won’t to worry about the airline losing your luggage and forcing you to spend unnecessary money on toiletries and a new outfit or two to get you through.
With these tips in mind, your next business trip can go from exhausting to enjoyable. Of course, there’s a hundred other things to consider and plan for before you leave for your next business trip. But with the basics in line, you can be more confident in your business travel life.
Photo Credit: Daniel